- Applicant must be a 501(c)(3) public charity organization (private foundations excluded) and provide services within the Poudre School District boundary area.
- Only ONE request up to $30,000 per grant cycle is permitted.
- An applicant may apply for the following types of support: general operating; program; technical assistance; or equipment/capital support.
- Applicants may apply up to two times in a calendar year. Applicants may not submit the same request two times in a calendar year.
- In order to encourage diverse income sources, organizations that have received consecutive funding over a three year period may be asked to refrain from submitting additional applications for up to 12 months. Foundation staff will contact grantee organizations if this stipulation applies to an organization.
- A Colorado Common Grant Report and any other specifically requested information will be required of all grantee organizations within 60 days of project completion or after 14 months from the date of the grant for ongoing projects or prior to any new application for funding for the project for which funding has been previously awarded. Bohemian Foundation may also initiate an additional evaluation or assessment as deemed necessary.
- For any organization that has been classified by the IRS as a public charity because of the public nature of its support (i.e., under Section 509(a)(1)/170(b)(1)(A)(iv) or Section 509(a)(2) of the Internal Revenue code), total grant awards, within the calendar year, may not exceed 30% of the organization’s annual budget or otherwise hinder its ability to meet its public support requirements. You should contact your tax advisor if you have any questions regarding the public support requirements.
The Pharos Fund Grant Program will NOT fund:
- Multi-year requests (the proposal timeline can be no longer than 12 months from the decision notification date)
- Multi-program requests (i.e. general operating and one program or two programs in one request)
- Fund raising and single/multi-day community events (see Community Event Fund or Music Event Fund)
- Tuition-based private schools
- Requests by individuals or teams (i.e. athletic tournaments, academic competitions, band trips, etc.)
- Political campaigns or specific legislative issues
- Activities that have a specific religious purpose
- Non-501(c)(3) organizations
- Private foundations, including private operating foundations
- Type III Non-functionally Integrated Supporting Organizations
- Debt reduction
- Discriminatory programs
We encourage you to publicize your organization or project Bohemian Foundation assisted in funding. However, please note in the letter agreement that you are required to obtain approval from Bohemian Foundation prior to the printing or distribution of any publicity materials that reference the Foundation, including but not limited to: press releases, advertisements, signage, and event collateral. For all logo requests please include the size and file format needed.