Music Event Fund Guidelines
The Music Event Fund supports single and multi-day events that:
- Include music as an integral part of the event.
- Provide market rate pay.
- Prioritize booking Northern Colorado bands when possible.
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity organizations providing services within the Fort Collins area (the Poudre School District boundary) are eligible to apply. Requests for event sponsorship are accepted on an ongoing basis. Applications must be submitted at least 90 days in advance of the event date.
If your event does not meet the funding guidelines for the Music Event Fund, you may want to review the Community Event Fund guidelines.
Music Event Fund applicants may apply for support from $500 up to $5,000.
Events Not Eligible for Funding
The Music Event Fund does not support:
- Community events that do not include music as an integral part of the event. (For support for general community events, see Community Event Fund.)
- Organizations that are not 501(c)(3) public charities
- Individual artists or bands
- Recording or jam sessions
- Parties or clubs
- Emergency funding
- School trips
- Professional development conferences
- Walk/run/golf events, etc.
- Benefit concerts
Application Process and Timeline
- Ensure your organization meets the Music Event Fund eligibility requirements and that your event aligns with our objectives.
- Submit the Music Event Fund application and required attachments at least 90 days in advance of the event.
- Bohemian Foundation will respond to applicants within 30 days of receipt of a completed Music Event Fund application.
We encourage Music Event Fund award recipients to publicize their events and the Music Event Fund’s sponsorship.
Please allow 10 days for Foundation staff to review and approve publicity and logo requests.