We are looking for events that support music in one or more of the following ways...
- Promotes collaborative participation with other organizations and individuals in supporting music events
- Promotes the development and performance of diverse music expression and/or supports events where music is the main focus of the event
The Music Event Fund Does NOT Support:
- Non-501(c)(3) public charity organizations
- General community related events (see Community Event Fund)
- Individual artists or bands
- Recording or jam sessions
- Parties or clubs
- Emergency funding
- School trips
- Professional development conferences
- Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity organizations providing music programming and services within the Greater Fort Collins boundary area is eligible to apply.
- Music must be central to the event and not just background ambiance or an add-on to other main activities.
- We expect and strongly advocate that all musicians/bands performing are paid market rate fees for their services.
- A complete Music Event Fund application form is submitted, along with:
- A brief publicity memo, (less than one-half page please), outlining the projected types and quantities of collateral materials that will be used to publicize the event, such as 400 posters to be placed 2 weeks prior to the event in store front windows throughout Fort Collins; 1000 printed programs to be distributed to patrons at the event, 2 banners to be hung at the corners of Foothills Parkway and College and Laurel and College, etc…
- a one page sponsorship page outlining the benefits of all sponsorship levels offered, such as "$1,500 Silver Level: banner displayed, mention in newsletter, etc.
- Requests for event sponsorship are accepted on an ongoing basis but not less than 90 days prior to the event date. The Music Event Fund is a competitive process with a limited budget. Submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
Award notification will occur within 30 days of receipt of a completed Music Event Fund application.
Please allow enough time to accommodate any publicity deadlines (i.e., brochures, flyers, etc.).
Organizations are required to obtain Bohemian Foundation staff approval of any proposed publicity including but not limited to test, signage, and applications related to Foundation recognition prior to release.
Please allow 10 days for Bohemian Foundation Staff to review and approve any proposed publicity.
Please note that no changes are allowed to the Foundation logo without prior written approval.