Community Event Fund Guidelines
The Community Event Fund provides support for both community and fundraising events to nonprofit organizations providing services within the Poudre School District boundary area. Sponsorship consideration is given to single and multi-day events that create a meaningful interaction between the public and the nonprofit community.
Community Event Fund and the Community Programs Goals
Alignment with one of the Community Programs goals is a requirement for funding. Applicants must demonstrate how their organization and/or event helps to advance one of our goals.
Community Programs goals are:
- Ensuring all youth thrive.
- Promoting economic stability and mobility.
- Cultivating a vibrant, engaged, and connected community.
Before applying to the community event fund, please carefully review the complete community programs goals.
What We Look For
In addition to alignment with overall Community Programs goals, strong Community Event Fund applications will address one or more of the following priorities:
- Involve community members in nonprofit programs and services.
- Encourage philanthropy and volunteerism in Fort Collins.
- Showcase an organization’s successes and contributions within the community.
- Increase the public’s awareness and understanding of the nonprofit community.
Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) public charity nonprofit organization. Private foundations and fiscal sponsorship programs are ineligible to apply to Community Event Fund.
Applicants must provide services within Poudre School District boundary. Applicants don’t need to be based locally, however they must serve clients or have a direct impact on individuals within the Poudre School District boundary.
Community Event Fund requests can be up to $5,000.
Requests Not Eligible for Funding
- Team sports
- School trips
- Emergency funding
- Professional development conferences
- Non 501(c)(3) public charity organizations
- Run/walk/golf or similar events
- Music-related events (see Music Event Fund)
- Applications to Community Event Fund and Music Event Fund for the same event
Application Process and Timeline
Community Event Fund applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, however they must be received at least 60 days prior to the event date to be considered for review. We will respond to applicants within 30 days of receiving of a completed Community Event Fund Application.
All Community Event Fund applications must be submitted via the Bohemian Foundation grantee portal.
In addition to your online application, you will be asked to submit an outline of sponsorship benefits at all sponsorship levels offered before your application will be considered complete (i.e. “$1,500 Silver Level – banner displayed, mention in newsletter, etc.”).
We encourage Community Event Fund award recipients to publicize their events and the Community Event Fund’s sponsorship.