Grants Help Local Organizations Address Community Issues
- | Bohemian Staff
Local nonprofits, schools, and government units are using Bohemian Fund grants to build a more equitable community. Each organization can apply to receive grants of up to $30,000 twice annually. The next chance to request a grant is coming up. The application opens Jan. 31 and closes March 2.
Bohemian Fund makes grants to organizations that build equity into their work in three areas:
- Ensuring all youth thrive.
- Promoting economic stability and mobility.
- Cultivating a vibrant, engaged, and connected community.
The fund supports organizations that value diversity and inclusion, foster belonging, and strive to advance equity. Since 2021, Bohemian Fund has awarded nearly $2 million to organizations working within the Poudre School District boundary. Last month, more than 40 organizations received Bohemian Fund grants totaling $620,000. Highlights of grantees’ work include:
- Alianza NORCO, a grassroots nonprofit, works alongside immigrants to create integration services. Programs include immigration legal services, navigation services, and immigration-related advocacy. Read a grantee spotlight story about Alianza here.
- The Colorado Poverty Law Project works to prevent homelessness through legal representation, education, and advocacy. The project provides legal advice, counseling, and related services to low-income individuals facing housing insecurity. Read a grantee spotlight story about the Colorado Poverty Law Project here.
- Colorado State University’s Department of Ethnic Studies ISTAR program provides support for Native American youth and their families. The program offers a K-8th grade summer camp, as well as community nights and cultural activities. This work builds relationships that foster belonging and help participants to be a source of strength and support for each other. Read a grantee spotlight story about the ISTAR program here.
Nonprofits can attend a workshop to learn more about how to make a grant request. Workshops take place Jan. 25, 26, and 31. Register at bohemianfoundation.org/bohemian-fund/workshops-applicant-support. A group of community reviewers and Bohemian Foundation staff selects applicants for awards.
View Current Bohemian Fund Recipients
Learn more about Bohemian Fund