Bohemian Foundation, Fort Collins, Colorado
About our organization:
Bohemian Foundation is a private family foundation based in Fort Collins, Colorado that works to involve fellow citizens in the care and improvement of our community to leave the world a better place. The Foundation seeks to improve the well-being of children, strengthen the role of music in our community, and inspire citizens into action on community issues. Bohemian also seeks to strengthen democracy and promote active and informed participation, and to discover and promote high-impact, sustainable solutions to the world’s most acute challenges at the intersection of poverty alleviation, public health, and the environment.
About the role:
In support of our mission, we are seeking an experienced, full-time Global Program Manager (GPM) to contribute expertise to our global grantmaking and impact investing functions within the Foundation. The GPM will report to the Executive Director and collaborate closely with the Global Advisory Board to advance the efforts of our global grantmaking and investing programs. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders; remain abreast of best practices and apply lessons in a relevant way to advance the mission of the Foundation; professionally promote the vision and objectives of the Foundation in a variety of formats; and provide assistance in managing the design, execution and assessment of our global programs through the sharing of timely, accurate and useful information and expertise to the Executive Director and Advisory Board in support of effective decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of seven to ten years of progressive professional experience managing and leading projects in a nonprofit, foundation or grantmaking role
- Minimum of two years experience within the global philanthropic sector; including experience working for international non profits, social ventures or impact investing entities
- Demonstrated understanding of and appreciation of the mission and functions of foundations and the philanthropic field with specific knowledge of global aspects
- Strong detail-orientation, exceptional problem-solving, reporting, strategic planning and analytical skills required
- Aptitude to interpret and understand financial statements
- Understanding and identification of business and legal structures related to global grant administration
- Due to the international nature of the position, excellent telephonic and electronic communication skills are required
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to continuous improvement
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, and implementing complex activities
- Articulate, tactful, and able to successfully manage internal and external stakeholder relations
- Ability to lead working groups/collaborative efforts with a comfort and proficiency at public speaking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; capacity to take complex concepts and convey them in a straight-forward, jargon-free style
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
- Occasional travel within the U.S. and internationally is required
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Salary Requirements
Bohemian Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.